February 11, 2018
Chair Pose strengthens the muscles of the arms and legs, but it also stimulates the diaphragm, heart and abdomen.
- UTKATASANA powerful, fierce. This pose completely strengthens the lower body whilst stretching the upper body. We drop the tailbone under to engage our core. Feel invigorated and energised whilst still maintaining a steady breath.
- Stand in Tadasana. Inhale and raise your arms over head. Either keep the arms parallel, palms facing inward, or join the palms invite the shoulders back into the shoulder socket.
- Exhale and bend your knees. The knees will project out over the feet, and the torso will lean slightly forward over the thighs. Keep the inner thighs parallel to each other and press the heads of the thigh bones down toward the heels.
- Firm your shoulder blades against the back. Take your tailbone down toward the floor and in toward your pubis to keep the lower back long.
- Stay for 30 seconds to a minute. To come out of this pose straighten your knees with an inhalation, lifting strongly through the arms. Exhale and release your arms to your sides into Tadasana.
If you are new to yoga, please check this out: Beginners Yoga Deal